Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Happy Birdday for Retro Rubber


Retro Rubber Blog Challenge has a new challenge up, one that is a fun sketch.  I enjoy seeing how everyone interprets a sketch to make it their own.



In my version I created a quick and easy birthday card.



The image from Hero Arts Missing You from 2014 is stamped in StazOn Jet Black.  I scribbled a bit of color on my craft mat in with Memento Dual Tipped Pens in Morocco, Peanut Brittle, and Rich Cocoa.  Using a little bit of water and a small brush the image is water colored.  Using a stamp positioner I stamped in the branch in Rich Cocoa. The sentiment is also stamped in Rich Cocoa.  The image was die cut with Elizabeth Craft Designs 1116 Stitched Circles.  The remainder of my card came from my paper scrap bin.  All the paper pieces are edged in Rich Cocoa to finish the look.   I believe the patterned paper is My Minds Eye.  The card is assembled on an A2 card base and is ready to mail.

I do hope you will play along with this latest challenge.  We have a great deal of fun over at Retro Rubber!  Remember to use at least one image that is older than a year, tell us how long you have had it, and to enter up to 10 challenges including ours!

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Neva! It's sure to make someone's birthday happy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute bird and sentiment. Love the layout of your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quirky look on this little critter, these images on the set are just so much fun, you can't help but smile.
    Great card teammie.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing the difference the Rich Cocoa edging makes to the final look. I've always said that the difference between a good card and a great card is in the details. Love your quirky bird - he's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Neva, that birdie is awesome - can I borrow him? I agree with Jan, edging always finishes a card so well. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neva, that bird is adorable.....I love the layout of the card, I like how you turned it around.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!